When logging into the RIW System the first time, users will be presented with the System Access Rules below, which must be acknowledged and understood before proceeding to use the RIW System.
The Rail Industry Worker (RIW) System is operated by Metro Trains Australia Pty Ltd (MTA). Your access to the RIW System is subject to the following system access rules:
- You must keep your access credentials (including your username and password) secret and not share those credentials with any other person.
- You must only access and use information on the RIW System for properly authorised purposes as part of the RIW Program. For rail operators and other organisations that are authorised participants in the RIW Program, this includes using information accessed on the RIW System for safety, workforce and worksite planning, procuring resources, training, and reporting purposes. For Authorised Health Professionals, this includes using information accessed on the RIW System for conducting health and fitness for work assessments.
- You must keep all information you access on the RIW System strictly confidential and must not use that information for any purpose other than as set out above.
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you enter onto the RIW System is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant and is not excessive or misleading.
- You must promptly notify the RIW Service Desk on becoming aware of any error in the RIW System or any breach of these system access rules.
- You must comply with any additional instruction or direction given by MTA or the RIW Service Desk in relation to your access to or use of the RIW System.
- Where applicable to the activities you are carrying out on behalf of your employer, you must comply with the RIW Privacy Protocol (a copy of which is available at https://www.riw.net.au/riw-privacy-protocol)
- For Authorised Health Professionals, you must comply with the National Standard for Health Assessment of Rail Safety Workers (a copy of which is available at https://www.ntc.gov.au/codes-and-guidelines/national-standard-health-assessment-rail-safety-workers).
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.